Frequently Asked Questions
Have any questions? Feel free to get in touch with us.
- Our entry grade at RAK Academy (RAKA) is Pre-K (Foundation Stage One of the British Curriculum.) Children must be three years of age on or before the 31st of August*.
- *The Ministry of Education announced in January 2021 that the age cut-off for new students joining Pre-K, KG1, KG2 and Grade 1 is the 31st of August
Our admissions are open all year depending on eligibility and availability. Please keep an eye on our website for the exact opening date every year. It is very easy to apply, just fill in the online application form at the website and the admissions team will get back to you with the required documents and payment details.
A non-refundable/ non-deductible application fee is AED 500
- Families will be able to express a preference for a branch, but the final branch assignment will be made according to availability and with an effort to keep siblings on the same campus.
- Parents will not be asked for the registration fee until their branch is confirmed.
- We don’t make any exceptions for the cut-off date. The Ministry of Education policy is that children are to be placed according to the age criteria and therefore we stick strictly to the cut-off date.
RAK Academy (RAKA) is a fully inclusive school, and we will make all reasonable adjustments to meet the needs of all learners. In the highly unlikely event that your son/daughter has significant learning needs that are over and above our support structures, we may require further assessment to best meet the needs of your son/daughter. During the admissions process we may ask you to share any specialist reports that pertain to your son/daughters’ educational needs such as educational psychologist, speech therapist or paediatrician reports. For further information regarding RAK Academy (RAKA)’s commitment to Students of Determination please refer to our Inclusion Policy.
Our Inclusion Team can support in developing students’ English levels. Our EYFS is also delivered through a Dual Language Programme in both English and Arabic. For further information about the learning experience for students who are not first language English speakers please refer to our EAL policy.
You are welcome to apply for another child to join the school at any time, however, to guarantee your sibling’s application is considered for the next academic year, we strongly recommend early applications.
- Children applying for Grades 2-11 will take an admission assessment here at RAK Academy (RAKA). The school uses a CAT 4 computer test that is a cognitive assessment in the following areas:
- Non-verbal reasoning
- The assessment results along with the child’s report card will give important information to the school management regarding the child’s areas of strength and weakness and ability to be successful in the curriculum. It is the same assessment that is used internally and provides a baseline for assessing progress once the child is admitted.
The school will arrange a play-based observation for children applying for Pre-K and KG1 and a paper-based GL assessment for those applying for KG2 and Grade 1. The GL assessment is a verbal and non-verbal test conducted by a teacher. During the current COVID restrictions these may be arranged via a video call.
My child has already started at another school. Can I transfer to RAK Academy (RAKA) later in the year?
The Ministry of Education determines a closing date every year for transfer between schools in Ras Al Khaimah. Please check with the Admissions Office for the most up-to-date information.
Applications from overseas are accepted mid-year subject to availability. Note that full residency documentation including attested transfer certificates must be submitted prior to starting school.
The school website contains general information about school events and activities. ClassDojo is a communication app for parents and contains important information specific to your child(ren). In addition to this, teachers and parents share email addresses for urgent information or to arrange face-to-face appointments.
RAK Academy (RAKA) is committed to maintaining class sizes of no more than 25 pupils. For Pre-K through Grade 2, there is one teacher and one educational assistant in each class. For Grades 3-5, there is an educational assistant shared between two classes
Monday to Thursday
Pre-K and KG1
7.55 am – 14.20 pm
Pre-K and KG1
7.55 am – 11:30 am
KG2 to Grade 5
7.55 am – 14.40 pm
KG2 to Grade 5
7.55 am – 11:40 am
All Secondary students
7.45 am – 15.20 pm
All Secondary students
7.45 am – 12:00 noon
School transport is available for students from KG1 – Grade 12 depending on availability. If you require transport for your child, please follow the link below to the online transport application form
Uniforms can be purchased either by visiting the Uniform Provider store located on the Link Below, or by using the online shop via the link below: https://www.rak-academy.org/uniform-brochure.